Friday, September 21, 2012

Favorite Movie Friday

Away We Go

Hello there, second FMF post!!

Today Im going to be talking about another Mama movie, Away We Go!

Synopsis: Burt (John Krasinksi) and Verona (Maya Rudolph) both in their 30's with their first child on the way, take a trip to find a home for their new family.  By traveling to the homes of friends and families around the US they begin to discover what "home" is really all about.

10 reasons I love this movie!

1. The cast alone is amazing!! John Krasinksi, Maya Rudolph (love), Catherine O'Hara, Jeff Daniels, Maggie Gyllenhaal (love), Allison Janney (love) and Jim Gaffigan- to name a few.

2. Burt and Verona's relationship is awesome; they love, support and make each other laugh. What more could a girl ask for?

3. TAYLOR... TAYLOR... TAYLOR... TAYLOR...! Allison Janney is hilarious in this movie and the way she describes her boobs after pregnancy is frighteningly not too far from the truth.

4. The scene with Verona and her sister (her only living family) is so endearing and sincere.  What can I say... I'm a sap for sisterly love in movies.

5. Maggie Gyllenhaal is quite the scene stealer in this movie, but I could not stop laughing at the dinner scene!  And I just have to say Im a bad Mama because I use a stroller and "PUSH" my baby away from me!!!

6. The couple's trip to meet their old friends was amazing and heart wrenching.  I was in tears, I can't go too much into it without feeling sad all over again.  I just have to say that I happen to love their home, their children and the love they have for each other.

7.  Burt really reminds me of Dada! It could be the beard, the height, the silly things he says or perhaps when he tries to make me feel better and it comes out completely wrong!! lol

8.  There were no cookie cutter families in this movie and I love that.  We are shown a cooky nuclear family, a family of just sisters, a bohemian family, an adopted family, and a newly single parent family. Not all families are the same but that doesn't mean they have any less love.

9.  That old house at the end looks amazing!

10. When I first watched this movie I was about 7 months pregnant and I really connected with the characters.  I too wondered if we Dada and I were "screw ups" because we were 24/25ish, pregnant with our first baby and didn't have the basic stuff figured out.  Luckily seeing this movie helped me to remember that its the family not the place that help you make a home.
 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie, I strongly advise if you haven't seen it, go out and find it immediately! I've had an unfinished draft of this post waiting forever, every friday I would look it over and then chicken out and not post. This was mostly because I really love this movie and wanted to be able to do it justice, today I just said "go for it" and here you have it.  Hope you enjoyed.

<3 Mama Chuca

Happy Weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment