Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Rewind

september 2010 
september 2011
september 2012

I just had to do a Rewind post today because I ran across the cutest picture of my chubby baby from exactly 2 years ago today!!  When he was that small I would always wonder to myself what he was thinking about.  Now that he's beginning to speak more I can sometimes get a small glimpse of whats going on in his mind.  On more than one occasion he'll ask for or tell me about a number of things; brushing his teeth, prayers, doggies, books, school.. pretty much anything that pops into his mind at at that moment.  I am very much looking forward to my baby growing up and sharing with me everything and anything that is on his mind, even if its about brushing his teeth. 

The irony is not lost in the fact that I chose to do a Rewind post on this day of all days. Always on this day, for the rest of our lives we will rewind at least once.  We will all take a moment, even if not aloud, to think back to where we were this day 11 years ago.  One day Little will come to me and ask me about the stories he hears and the specials we watch about September 11th.   I will have to tell him what happened and do my best in answering the "why's" that will follow.  But the good thing about this is that I can also explain to him the light at the end of this tunnel, that even when all seems lost there is still a glimpse of hope that we by nature possess.  I will tell my son to remember that day, say a payer for those families and to always embrace that hope like so many people did that day 11 years ago. 

<3 Mama Chuca


No comments:

Post a Comment