Friday, July 13, 2012

Favorite Movie Friday


I decided to do something a little bit different today *gasp*, I think I want to start including some more Mama stuff around here!!  Introducing my first Favorite Movie Friday (FMF) post, not every Friday but here and there Ill share with you some favorite movies of Mama, Dada and maybe baby.  I am a self proclaimed movie buff, although it has dwindled a bit since the Little was born. But nevertheless Ive decided our first movie for FMF would be "In Her Shoes", this of course is a Mama movie.



If you're a woman and have a sister and haven't seen this movie, please go rent/buy/watch it immediately.

Synopsis:  Straight laced Rose (Toni Collette) and younger party girl sister Maggie (Cameron Diaz) have a huge fight and go there separate ways.  Maggie goes to live with a long lost grandmother (Shirley MacLaine), neither sister knew about, who reveals a dark family secret that not only brings everybody together but helps them in their lost ways.

10 reasons I love this movie: 

1. I love Toni Collette, she makes the best happy faces and her sad faces make me sad too.
2. Rose's shoe closet! Looks amazing and I want it!!
3. Anybody else have a younger sister who is beautiful, I feel your pain Rose. By the way I have 2!!  
4. The movie shows the sister bond at its best and at its worst.
5. The inside joke about their stepmother is hysterical.  One thing I can always count on from my sisters are laughs!
6. Its a book!! No I haven't read it ( I will though, promise) but I love movies that are made from books.     I love reading the extra details that weren't in the movie and I truly believe in the phrase "the book was better", hopefully thats the case with this movie/book. 
7. The small wedding at the end is a dream.  
8. Maybe 7.5- Rose's fiancé and best friend are awesome and hilarious!!
9. The poem Maggie reads at the end is one of my favorites.  e.e. cummings "I carry your heart with me"
10. Who doesn't love Shirley Maclaine?? I mean come on!! Another favorite role she played would be Ouiser Boudreaux from Steel Magnolias!!

There you have it, my 10 favorite things about this movie.  Hopefully one day you'll see it on a shelf somewhere and give it a go! I really enjoyed this post and I will have more FMF posts here!!

Have a good weekend folks!!

<3 Mama Chuca







No comments:

Post a Comment